Navigating throught a teacher's constraints : how to facilitate the onboarding when you can only use a new app at work after that 20 kids are setup ?
Product designer 2020
This is only the result of a recruiting exercise. But it helped me grasp what kind of problems face the startups in edtech during the week I spend on it.
To find a solution to this problem, I went throught a research phase :
- User journey map
- Data analysis
- Users research
And a design phase :
- Competitive analysis
- Design principles
- Solution's functionnal blueprint
- Design flow and UI
- KPI's definition
Lalilo had observed a significative drop during their onboarding flow. There was 6 steps to it, and multiple parts suffered severely form a drop of potentials members.
What could be the cause of these drops, and which solutions could improve the onboarding ?
RESEARCH : USER JOURNEY, DATA ANALYSIS AND HEURISITICS
From the map, the data and the heuristics, we could think that the drops are due to a lack of transparence. This is resulting in creating expectations that'll never be meet, and instead he will be ask to give a lot of informations without perceiving the direct outcome
The new flow would address more directly teachers, with clear solutions depending on their knowledge of Lalilo. For every case, it could be done in 4 steps :
1. Inspire : How will they be a better self with our service
2. Greet : Start building the relationship right away by show them you speak human
3. Guide : Make the user interacting with the project in a way that's empowering her after 30s on it.
4. Help : Lend a hand at the end. Could be needed for some, even after the best onboardinge ever.
This flow could be judged on :
1. Conversion rate improvement from actual datas
2. Using HEART framework from Google to enrich the conversion rate with a measurement closer to user's sense of satisfaction
3. Connect this framework to a global satisfactory measurement to have a deeper sense of our product likability, and the strenght of the connection users make with Lalilo.